Sorry, this job has expired.
Baker Hughes, a GE company, is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Due to rapid growth, we have an immediate need for individuals to fill our Directional Driller position. These individuals will work from our offices in Midland, Texas.
• Competitive wages
• Full benefits
• Plus much more
You'll be responsible for:
• Providing direct instruction and supervision to junior field engineers on day-to-day well site work and activities, under minimal supervision.
• Providing advice and direction to external customer and third-party well site colleagues as appropriate.
• Providing resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well site where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line tool(s) and service(s).
• Acting as a project leader and mentor of junior field engineers.
• Maintaining frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
• Executing other related duties as assigned.
• Conducting all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and core values.
We expect you to have:
• A high school diploma (this is a must).
• 2+ years of rig drilling experience, or 1+ years of Directional Drilling (DD) experience.
• Intermediate computer skills for tracking and documentation.
• Knowledge of basic algebraic applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
• The ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the customer.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and excellent customer awareness.
• The ability to relate to well site personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
• The ability to be on call 24/7 in all weather conditions and work without guaranteed days off or a structured schedule.
• The ability to travel a projected 75% of the time live at well sites for extended periods of time.
• A 2-year technical degree.
• 1+ years of Directional Drilling (DD) experience.
• Experience as a lead hand or supervisor.
Baker Hughes, a GE company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.